All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Latest Page Thread - Book 2 - Cloister
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:51 pm 
Citizen

The_Knowing wrote:
Tru wrote:
So, what's the consensus? Did she kill him or just strip him of his useful gear and abandon him to the fog? She kills when her life is on the line, but I can remember her reaction to killing Beau and the engineer, way back when. This paladin was hit by a boat and crushed by pipes, but he was alive and moving when she came up on him. Safer by far to kill him, but can she do that in cold blood?

I don't know... I mean, she did see them use people as some sort of weird "fog oracle", like the miasmics did to her, and then kill them when they were done. She might not be as kind to the paladins as she would to someone else.

She's also inhaling the fog right now, at least in small amounts. The way she's seeing things may not be... quite the same as the rest of us.

:unknown kbytes received from //2033.UKRA.CHRNBYL.CPEXZONE.noID.STALKER.HeWhoHasNoName

@ECHO OFF

>_

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:29 am 
Citizen

We also don't know what happened to the first guy, who got hit by the boat right out of the gate. But, considering that Dang was right there when it happened and she doesn't seem to have ever worried about him, he was probably at least knocked out - though the second guy survived being hit by the boat too. Either he never shows up again and we assume he died out there, or him (her/it?) surviving will figure into the story later somehow.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:15 am 
Citizen

theasl wrote:
We also don't know what happened to the first guy, who got hit by the boat right out of the gate. But, considering that Dang was right there when it happened and she doesn't seem to have ever worried about him, he was probably at least knocked out

But we did see what happened to him: he got hit in the face by the pointy end of a boat weighing at least half a a ton, going fast enough to launch it airborne. Enough force to tear and crumple the steel pole next to him with a glancing impact, and he got hit square-on by the keel. Don't need to see the red to know his skull and ribcage are chips and salsa. If he's not dead, he's not human.

Other guy survived because the boat hit him after it hit the ground, shedding a bunch of its momentum, and hit him more belly-flop style. He still got effed up too, as we could see him bleeding through his armor from where is right arm hit the windshield frame, and he'd gone unsteady. Probably some ligament damage and a concussion at least, I'd guess.

My first thought was Dang probably did kill the second guy. She's done it before in extreme situations, even though she doesn't like it, and she really wouldn't want descriptions of her and Clint getting back to whoever commands these guys. But then I thought that unless she gets rid of that mask at the first opportunity (cool though it is), it'd give them away just as easily. So I'm guessing she cut his helmet off so she could get to the mask, and left him to the fog.

It'd be interesting if her past exposure to the fog has given her some sort of tolerance to it. We've seen in the past that people are taken over by it almost immediately upon inhalation, but she kept her mind long enough to circle around and trap that guy. Hard to tell exactly how long that was. So either she's some degree of fog-resistant now, or she can hold her breath really well under pressure.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:03 am 
Citizen

Nessus wrote:
It'd be interesting if her past exposure to the fog has given her some sort of tolerance to it. We've seen in the past that people are taken over by it almost immediately upon inhalation, but she kept her mind long enough to circle around and trap that guy. Hard to tell exactly how long that was. So either she's some degree of fog-resistant now, or she can hold her breath really well under pressure.

I was wondering that as well. I didn't think about her simply holding her breath that long, although I should have - she's an accomplished diver.

If it was 30 seconds, she probably didn't even break a sweat. 5 minutes would be a different story. I also wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it was "all of the above", and the Fog doesn't quite hit her the same way, now, as it does somebody who was previously unexposed.

:unknown kbytes received from //2033.UKRA.CHRNBYL.CPEXZONE.noID.STALKER.HeWhoHasNoName

@ECHO OFF

>_

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:32 pm 
Bystander

well seeing as her left hand is now covered in blood; he's probably not doing great. XD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:32 pm 
Citizen

ZOMG YES UPDATE

Um

Clint

Dude, Clint

STAY WITH ME MAN

@ECHO OFF

>_

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:18 pm 
Citizen

Oh, wow. They both look like shit right now.

Looks like Dang is going to have some nasty scars from that shot to the face.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:46 am 
Citizen

I'M BACK!!!!! It's probably been roundabouts 8 months Read my copy of the first book a few times, but I've finally gotten the time to sit down with an internet connection and read through book 2 again.

A few thoughts:
msouth wrote:
Stuurminator wrote:
Interesting...if I'm interpreting the fifth panel correctly, the fog's "tentacles" seem to show up as distinct, discrete threads in IR vision. These threads are thinner than the "tentacles" we usually see, so this seems to imply that they're made up of an insubstantial "outer" layer and a more substantial "inner"...something.

If I'm interpreting it correctly it's saying "Dang needs here one o' them visor/gas mask rigs, stat!". :)

But yeah, I thought the same thing.
That was October 12. Nice prophecy there, Msouth. :P
Nessus wrote:
My first thought was Dang probably did kill the second guy. She's done it before in extreme situations, even though she doesn't like it, and she really wouldn't want descriptions of her and Clint getting back to whoever commands these guys. But then I thought that unless she gets rid of that mask at the first opportunity (cool though it is), it'd give them away just as easily. So I'm guessing she cut his helmet off so she could get to the mask, and left him to the fog.
It might be more merciful just to cut his throat. Dang has been getting more comfortable with violence through the story; she didn't want to do it, but she killed Steven and Beauf when she had to. Then she went on her Primrose rampage. And while she is no heartless killer, I think she's willing to take the more... morally questionable option when there is no good way of going about things.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:21 am 
Citizen

The_Knowing wrote:
Oh, wow. They both look like shit right now.

Looks like Dang is going to have some nasty scars from that shot to the face.

Yeah, trying to make out exactly what happened. Looks like her upper lip is chewed up? Can't tell if she's missing chunks out of any teeth.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:41 pm 
Life Is Hard

Her smooching days are over!

(cause Derelict had lots of smooching in the first place)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:55 pm 
Citizen

He Who Has No Name wrote:
Yeah, trying to make out exactly what happened. Looks like her upper lip is chewed up? Can't tell if she's missing chunks out of any teeth.

Well, we might get a little scene of her looking at it in a mirror soon, so I guess we wait until then?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:23 am 
Citizen

Dang probably doesn't want to talk right now Clint, what with the torn up mouth and everything.

'course, the odds of her wanting to talk later aren't good either.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:22 am 
Citizen

Oh, wonderful - UPDATES! Sorry I didn't notice earlier but my hard drive fried and all my bookmarks went bye-bye. I've been slowly re-memorizing my favorite stops.

Poor Dang's face. And the bloody rope of saliva when she took the mask off was a nice touch. I almost lost my dinner.

I noticed that she didn't look even slightly wary when guiding Clint to the boat, so I'm guessing she's not worried about getting jumped by the left-over paladin. Which answers that question.

I'm surprised Clint is able to turn his torso around to look over his shoulder like that. If it were me I'd be avoiding all unnecessary twisting, I can say that for sure. But I hope his comment doesn't mean that Arbutus is about to be wrecked somehow. Whatever I think of the governing body, there's a lot of people living there that just want to get through life one day at a time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:25 pm 
Citizen

Uhh...

Umm...

@ECHO OFF

>_

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:29 pm 
Bystander

created an account just to post about the latest update :-)

The fog coming from (in or somewhere close to) the city explains why there was no real warning time when the fog started. That had bothered me, because I expected them to have quite a few minutes when they can look at the whole horizon.

And now it opens a whole can of worms:
was the fog produced for the "fog oracle"? or by it?
If you can produce fog, why not do that in a hermetically closed environment? (If you want to have an oracle in some room)
in combination with "the beacon is lit"
Is it some kind of attack on Arc city? Will some monster be drawn there by the fog, with the whole station being a giant guinea pig?
If so the masked ones are probably not Arbutus, but a different faction. (religious zealots?) They seemed to access computer terminals belonging to Arbutus though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:39 am 
Citizen

Welcome to the forum, Bob. Always nice to get new questions. :) Now if we could only get a few answers....

I went back to the page you linked and studied it (and the three that followed) more carefully than the first time through, and have a question or two, myself. The Paladin who spoke was apparently jacked into the city's system in some manner through that wall panel, though how much access he had, and to what, is anyone's guess. I took note that there were two of the Paladins in a differently designed armor, though neither one of them did anything significant that I saw. However, they looked noticeably "bulkier" than the others in the room.

Does anyone who currently posts in the forum have any translations of what might have been said by the fog-victims? Visually it looked more like chanting than anything else. Some of the symbols looked sorta familiar, but distorted.

Oops - gotta go.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:06 am 
Life Is Hard

Welcome, Bob.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:08 am 
Citizen

It's a conspiracy!

I went back through to find all the cases of fog:
-the Goya
-Primrose
-the lighthouse (assumed, since the body has miasmic markings on it)
-the sea battle
-Arbutus

This One also implies that it (and the Goya monster) can communicate through the fog.

So, maybe they have something to do with the random fog banks on the ocean, and Arbutus is trying to recreate it for oracular purposes, or they built the city over a fog source, or something.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:05 pm 
Citizen

Just checking in to see if you're ok, Bean. It's been 3 weeks without a word outa you. I hope everything's all right.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:31 am 
Life Is Hard

I'm fine, thanks for checking. Just been nonstop hectic and what time is left for comics needs to go to my paid job. You can follow me on twitterand/or tumblr and whatnot if you're concerned for me in these times when the Derelict site goes silent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next